You have been a patient lot. I know that you've been chomping at the bit to see more of the lovely Mija Lou. Well, your wait is over. Midnight Cinephile is not only proud, but extremely privileged to bring you an exclusive interview with the Danish beauty. And of course as promised, there are some of Mija's latest from her Halloween Photoshoot. Let's not delay any longer.....
How long have you been modeling?
- I have been modeling since the start of this year (2012).
How did you get into modeling?
- I've always loved to be in front of a camera and I started in my early teen years to have my friends photograph me, just for fun.
At that time I didn't think I could be a model because of my alternative style and my confidence wasn't great either. So I had to work some years on feeling better about myself.
Then last year a new friend and I talked about taking some cool photos of me in her new photo studio in her garage, and this year I had my first shoot at her studio. It was so much fun! Without her I would not have been where I am today.
(Berglind H. Ketilsdóttir aka BHK DESIGN.)
What would your ultimate dream gig be as a model?
- Tough question! I think, to shoot with my favorite models, Lily Black, Lauren Beth, Naomi VonKreeps, Goldy Loxx and the one and only Dita Von Teese and let's not forget the incredible Mosh.
I would love to attend Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend as a model for a clothing/accessories firm, and also to one day be the cover girl of a magazine.
Who are your inspirations?
- My main model inspirations are Bettie Page, Dita Von Teese, Mosh. Then there is all the old era pinups like Betty Brosmer, Mae West, Ava Gardner, Veronica Lake and so on.
To inspire my darker sides are Vampira, Wednesday Addams, The Bride Of Frankenstein and Patricia Day from HorrorPops.
What got you interested in horror?
- I've always when I was younger and had movie nights wanted to see horror movies, and when I got in my teens I found out I could just see them for my self. I began watching horror movies in the dark because I wanted the "effect" and I really had a good time just me and the movie. Haha. I played a lot of theater back then as well, and my dream was to be a zombie in a horror movie.
Then I started to have my friends photograph me and I had most fun when I could dress up like a zombie or something other scary.
I began buying a lot more horror movies, and got more and more interested in this world.
+ I've always loved myths and ghost stories. I love to read stories on the internet and share them with my friends.
I know that your favorite horror flick is the original Night Of The Living Dead. How well do you think you would do in a real zombie apocalypse?
- After seeing a lot of zombie movies I think I would kick ass! Hmm or would I... Haha seeing how stupid I would look in my head right now! I probably would hide and paranoia would drive me crazy..
What can you tell us about your Zombmija collaberation with Piers Hazell?
- Piers Hazell is an artist I've met on Twitter. He has become a friend of mine. He started offering me to draw a zombified Mija Lou and of course I wouldn't miss that opportunity. The first one he did of me turned out to be very popular, and because we talked a lot he offered to draw a second one. Then we began talking about doing something more and maybe collaberate on something. I told him about my Halloween alter ego persona Zombmija and then we agreed to make an Zombmija comic strip. We collaberate on the story and the whole look of the comic strip.
I feel very lucky to do this collaberation with Piers Hazell, because he's a true artist and can't wait to have this done someday to show you all. I promise, with his talent and with both our zombie thinking cool minds it'll turn out awesome!!
What can you tell us about The Alternative Model Directory and The Poetic Pinup Revue?
- TAMD is a directory of alternative models on facebook run by the lovely Ashley Schandelmeier. I've got huge respect for her and think it's really admirable what she's doing for the page and models! She's helping all alternative models, aspiring as well as established. The page is always up to date and running. I'm listed there under "European Models: Northern Europe" and very happy to be a part of it with all the other gorgeous models. It's a great way to meet new friends as well, and Ashley makes sure that everyone feels welcome and takes care of all the models. You go Ashley!!
The Poetic Pinup Revue is an magazine run by another lovely lady named Harlean Carpenter. The magazine pages shows poetry, photography, artwork and flash fiction. You can say it's an artistic magazine, which is my kind of thing. I really like this magazine because it's all about art and again, I have huge respect for Harlean and owe her a big thank you for giving me this oppurtunity.
I'm very proud to have my first magazine publication in The Poetic Pinup Revue and I'm really excited about it! Look out for me in the October Special issue with the theme "Contumulation & Carrying On" and even better, the November issue "Food For Thought" as well! YAY!
Sounds like you're a pretty busy girl! What do you do to unwind?
- I like to lie in my bed with my Mac and listen to music and drinking coffee. I spend a lot of time discovering new music, old & new. I'm always looking to learn new things and expand my knowledge. I already know a lot despite my young age and people tend to be shocked when they find out.
Also I like to watch horror movies by my self in the dark and to be with my family and friends.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- I'm still young in 5 years, 26 that is. If all should go according to my plan, I will be living in London with my boyfriend and my dog. Working in the music industry or having my own coffee house with live music.
I will still model in my spare time and hopefully at that time, I'm more known in the industry.
What's your favorite movie snack?
- POPCORN! And lots of it!
What's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you?
- Some of you may think I'm crazy and some of you may believe me. The scariest thing that's happened to me is when I saw a ghost. And yes, I'm pretty sure it was a ghost!
Some years ago my friend and I where at a forrest waiting for our friend to come (He lived in the forrest). All the time my friend was on the phone with him and first she was like "Oh come on! Hurry up! We are here waiting for you" and then he must have said he was close or something because my friend told me he was really close and then I looked at the entrance to the forrest and saw a white blurry silhouette and quickly I thought it was him and started to wave.
Then my friend shouted in the phone "You're not here yet?! You said you were close!?" I quickly looked at the silhuette and it slowly faded, quickly tried to find possibilities to what I had seen, and realized there was no answers.
It took about 10 seconds from when it faded 'till I realized this was scary, then I told my friend about it and 3 seconds after she RAN LIKE HELL and poor slow me RAN LIKE HELL after her and we were both screaming!! Haha!
The day after, my friend were overhearing her parents talking with some of their friends about a man who had committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree... In that forrest!!! Creepy, huh ;)
So it would be safe to say you believe in the paranormal?
- After the story above, I could just leave you all to guess ;) But yes I do. Have always been very interested in the paranormal.
What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
- Having a little trouble right now deciding. At my Halloween photoshoot I'll be a Devil, Black Cat and something more casual like a pumpkin/witch/skeleton thing. So I'm thinking it'll be one of those three.
First year I'm not going as my Halloween alter ego Zombmija by the way.
Is there anything you want to tell the readers of Midnight Cinephile?
- Yes. Thank you all for having the interest in reading my interview. I'm very honored that Matthew have done this for me. Midnight Cinephile is my favorite horror blog and I recommend everyone that's loves horror to follow this blog!
The dedication Matthew put into this is admirable. His knowledge and interest really shows.
If you would like to see more of me please visit my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/
MijaLouPage and you are always welcome to say hi!
THANK YOU MATTHEW, MIDNIGHT CINEPHILE!
Thank YOU Mija!
And now, without further adieu, I present you with Mija's Halloween Photos! Enjoy!
Well, there you have it! I hope that you enjoyed the in depth interview and the new photos as well! Yearning for more Mija? You can always follow her on Twitter, Facebook or even check out her Blog (it's in Danish, but that's nothing a little Google Translate can't help with!)
I'm sure that you will be seeing more of Mija in the pages of Midnight Cinephile as well! So stay tuned and stay spooky!