Friday, April 6, 2012

Simon Pegg has A Fantastic Fear of Everything

I have been a huge fan of Simon Pegg since he was doing Spaced way back around the turn of the millennium.  Wow.  That still sounds weird to say, doesn't it?  "At the turn of the millennium...."  Sounds like the beginning of an Arthur C. Clarke novel.   Probably is and I'm just forgetting which one.  Anyway....I've been a fan for quite a while.

His latest film, A Fantastic Fear of Everything looks to continue his winning streak of darkly humorous films that tightly balance the scares with the laughs.  The plot revolves around Pegg, who plays a children's author turned crime novelist who becomes paranoid after researching Victorian serial killers, and develops a fear of being murdered.

I haven't found any promotional art for the film yet, but I did find a trailer!



I'm very much looking forward to checking this one out...it seems to have a very Burtonesque feel to it, with it's bits of stop motion and CGI effects.  As of right now, I have only been able to find a release date for the UK of June 8.....no mention of other territories just yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment