Friday, January 1, 2016

It's 2016! New Year, Different Cinephile.

Greetings Friends!

Your eyes deceive you not, 'tis I!  Your friendly neighborhood Cinephile!  I have returned from my cinematic slumbers ready to face the new year with a sense of wonder and awe.

As you know, I announced that I was going to be taking a break in November.  I had become disenchanted with writing about movies for a bit.  I needed a little bit of time to step away and find my passion again.  I had started to spread myself a bit thin and took on too many projects and I burnt my candle at both ends.  I am happy to report however, that I've got several new candles and I'm ready and refreshed burn a little midnight oil while bringing you quality film & television reviews as well as opinion pieces, editorials, interviews, news and more.

You will also notice that I will be reviewing and talking about a wider variety of films and television as well.  Because as much as I love horror, sci-fi & fantasy, I also love other genres and types of films as well.  For instance, did you know that I am a huge fan of classic cinema?  True story.  I am deeply in love with Greta Garbo and Betty Grable.  I wish Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart were my best friends.  We're going to be talking a lot more about the classics here at MC.

Yes, you can expect a much wider variety of content here on Midnight Cinephile in the coming year and beyond.  I have rekindled my love of cinema and I can't wait to talk to you all about it!  A Movies, B Movies all the way down to Z Movies.  Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Comedy, Drama, Action, Adventure.....it's all going to be here.....so stay tuned!

Happy New Years!

Cheers!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment