Monday, December 7, 2015

Tales From Beyond The Pale - Food Chain

Okay, okay....


So I know I said that I was taking a break from Midnight Cinephile for a while, but something has come up that I just had to break silence for:


My good friend April Snellings (whom I'm sure you know from her work at Rue Morgue Magazine and also as 2014's Special Guest for the Halloween Midnight Cinephile Special Podcast) has written an episode for Tales From Beyond The Pale, entitled Food Chain.


What's Tales From Beyond The Pale you ask?  It is a series half hour radio plays created/produced by Larry Fessenden of Glass Eye Pix.  April was asked to pen and episode for Season 3 and oh man has she delivered!  I immediately downloaded the episode and let it seep into my ear holes.


The story involves four good ol' boy hunters who are hired to hunt a very particular hairy beast haunting the woods.  Obviously we're talking Bigfoot here, but I will not divulge anything further because this story is just so damn fun.  All the voice actors (Including Fessenden and Sean Young) are top notch.  The dialog is crisp and hilarious and works in perfect tandem with the epically awesome gross out scenes. 


I actually listened to this twice in a row because I enjoyed it so damn much!  It also gave me a hankering for more Bigfoot related entertainment.  Maybe some Boggy Creek is in order.....




I truly hope that April is able to write more episodes.  She is a truly gifted writer and I can't wait to hear what she comes up with next!


You can download Food Chain on Amazon, iTunes or direct from the Tales From Beyond The Pale website!



No comments:

Post a Comment