Sunday, January 3, 2016

Godzilla: Resurgence Possible Photo Leaks

If you are a regular reader here, I'm going to assume that you are just as much of a Godzilla fan as I am.  Likewise I will assume that you are just as excited that Toho is rebooting Big G again with Godzilla: Resurgence due out July 26th of this year.

After the success of Legendary's Godzilla film in 2014, Toho decided the time was right to revamp Big G on the domestic market.  This new Toho Godzilla has NOTHING to do with the Legendary version and is serving as a reboot for Toho's franchise.  This has me beyond excited because as much as I loved the Legendary version of Godzilla, nothing beats a Toho production.

There have been a series of photos flooding online Godzilla fan sites that are allegedly photos taken from Toho's back-lot and  leaked online.  I really hope that these are real, because I am really digging the new nightmarish version of Godzilla that Toho has dreamed up.  Let's take a look!





 The sunlight is sort of obscuring the finer details, but here we get more of a sense of Big G's look.  Check out those almost skeletal looking hands!!  At first I was a bit taken aback by them...I thought they looked kinda scrawny and weak.  However, the more I think about it, the more I really dig it.  This is a return to a nuclear monster.  He is not just an overgrown lizard, but a horrific monstrosity born of nuclear fallout and radiation.


 Better look at the detail on his chest as well as Godzilla's extremely long neck!  I've been seeing Giraffezilla jokes going around already.  I'm very curious to see how this iteration will move on screen.
I'm still loving that mouthful of sharp needle like teeth!


Very low-res, but still shows more interesting details.  It would appear that Godzilla has some pretty massive wounds, though that could just be some new and never before seen skin texturing.  The red coloring is also quite interesting and the first thing that keeps coming to mind is the glowing red patches that Godzilla sported in Godzilla vs Destoroyah.  This photo also really makes Big G look like a 118 meter tall zombie.  Which naturally makes my heart literally explode with joy.


A close-up of Godzilla's eye (the small eyes still seem a bit strange, but much like the skeletal arms and hands...they're starting to grow on me).  Also a good look at his sharp, needle-like teeth.  The tooth placement makes me think of a shark, which makes sense.  This is a predator.  This is a wild animal that is designed to be on top of the food chain.  I don't think this 'zilla is gonna be saving the Earth from other monsters.  Having said that, I can't wait to see what other monster Toho dreams up and redesigns!  I'd love to see a more horrific version of the classic kaiju!

Fantastic piece of fan art that I really hope isn't too far off from the real thing!  I mean look at this guy!  He's freaking amazing!  There is nothing that I don't love about this design.  I can't wait to see Godzilla stomp the ever loving hell out of some buildings and I can't wait to see how his atomic breath looks too!  


The teaser poster for Godzilla Resurgence!  Tiny eye staring down at us, sharp needle shark teeth at the ready.  I truly hope that Godzilla Resurgence gets released stateside relatively quickly because I swear I will fly to Japan just to watch this damn movie in July!  

Love all things Godzilla?  Stay tuned to Midnight Cinephile because in the monster leading up to Godzilla Resurgence, I'm going to go Kaiju Krazy!  We'll take a look at the 30 films that have come before this one as well as other NON-Godzilla Kaiju!  2016 is gonna be a GIANT year!

No comments:

Post a Comment