Monday, July 8, 2013

Sixty Six Years of Roswell and Our Favorite Alien Flicks


Sixty-Six years ago the world was changed forever when a craft of unknown origin crashed into a ranch in Roswell, New Mexico. The crash itself occurred on July 7th and the days that followed became a media sensation.  On July 8th, the RAAF (Roswell Army Air Field) released a statement stating that they had recovered a crashed flying disc.  Shortly there after another announcement was made, stating that the debris was in fact from a weather balloon.  One of the greatest mysteries of the 20th Century was born....along with a whole ton of conspiracy theories.

We may never know what happened that night sixty-six years ago, but you can be sure that the legend will never die.  Roswell has been the inspiration for countless movies, TV shows, books, music, video games....hell even board games!  Hell, I'm a magician and I even know of a commercially marketed card trick that deals (get it?  Cards?  Deals?) with Roswell, Aliens and the famous Alien Autopsy video (which purports to show the autopsy of one of the occupants of the Roswell crash.


I could go on forever about aliens, UFO's, Roswell, Area 51 and such, but I won't.  You're here because you want to read about wonky flicks that are best watched at three in the morning.  So therefore, I am announcing that this week (July 7th - July13th) is Alien Week!


What can you expect from Alien Week?  Well, ALIEN STUFF!  Movies, books, games, hell maybe I'll even make a video of myself performing the magic trick I mentioned above!  The most exciting part (for me at least) is going to be the launch of the Midnight Cinephile podcast.  The first episode should be up by the week's end and will feature my good friend Dan from 3D Monster as we discuss our top ten alien movies!

It's going to be a ton of fun so I hope you will tune in and enjoy!  If you have any suggestions for Alien Week or would like to be a part of Alien Week, drop me a line!



No comments:

Post a Comment