Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rock & Shock coming October 12 - 14 2012

It's been a brutal summer here in New England...the heat and humidity have been absolutely nuts.  I'm ready for the fall to embrace me with it's cooling coolie coolness. I long to smell the crisp autumn air as I take my jeep out for a drive with the top down, looking at the leaves that have turned brilliant hues of orange, yellow, red and every color in between.  I can't wait to sink my teeth into a candy apple....and of course most of all.....I can't wait for Halloween!

There's already displays starting to be put up in stores (which honestly....I wouldn't mind if they waited a bit longer.....maybe at least untill AFTER Labor Day......remember the good old days when there weren't Christmas store displays in September?  Ah well.  Anyway......not only does October bring Halloween and my wedding anniversary, but it also brings Rock & Shock to Worcester.

For those who do not know, Rock & Shock is a three day horror convention/concert.  During the day you can meet your favorite horror celebrities at the DCU Center, stroll along and visit the many vendors, get a tattoo.....your standard convention fun!  Then at night, it's off to The Palladium to rock out with a great line up of bands.  It's a pretty fantastic experience and I highly recommend you start planning your trip to Central Mass to come join the fun.

This year is shaping up to be pretty amazingly awesome.  The guest list below is (of course) subject to change and there will be more celebrities added as time goes on (and usually one or two disappear due to scheduling conflicts, etc) but this is a pretty damn exciting list so far!




The Misfits will be the headliners on Friday, October 12th
As for the concerts, Rock & Shock just announced that GWAR, Cancer Bats, DevilDriver and Legacy of Disorder will be appearing on Saturday October 13th.



I sadly missed last years Rock & Shock due to prior obligations, so I am very excited for this year! Hope you see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment