Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fathers Day Packaging Review

Attention filmmakers and distributors:  THIS is how you present a package!  First off, the box art is easily the coolest I've seen since Hobo With A Shotgun....except they took it a step further and added the very cool "round stickers" that were so prevalent in the 80's Mom & Pop video stores.


This four disc special edition is a limited run of 5,000 or which mine is number 2,163.  Which if you add up the digits individually, they equal 9.  9 divided by 3 is 3.  Which means that 3 x 3  is nine.  Or another way to do the same math is 3 + 3 +3.  333!  If you double 3, you get six, which would equal 666!!!  HOLY HELL!  And of course 6 + 6 + 6 = 18....which has nothing to do with anything!



The photos above are of the outer protective cardboard sleeve.  The inner artwork is also pretty 80's-tastic!



I just can't say enough about the amazing packaging.  Waves of nostalgia washed over me as I opened the package layer by layer.




I am also highly appreciative of the inside case design.  There is nothing that I hate more than when I have to remove a disc to get another disc out.  I don't want to handle the discs more than I have to....I like to keep everything looking shiny and new!  The discs themselves are very nicely printed and I like the fact that they all have different artwork on them so you can easily tell them apart.  The absolute coolest addition to the package is the CD that is included called An Evening With Smokey Miles.  I gave this a listen in the jeep this evening and it's quite possibly the GREATEST CD EVER!!!!  The track entitled We Are The Universe is like a combination of White Lion, Scorpion and Dokken all rolled into one amazingly awesome track.  Okay, that's it....I'm going to have to do a review of the CD.  It's THAT good.




So, I was originally going to have a review of Father's Day up today, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the insanity.  So perhaps tomorrow night.  Meantime, I hope that you've enjoyed this look at the packaging and I hope that you've ordered yourself a copy of this limited edition.  It is WELL worth the price! 

No comments:

Post a Comment