Monday, August 27, 2012

Fix The Evans City Chapel



I have come across what I feel to be an extremely important cause for the horror and cinema community.  The Evans City Cemetery Chapel is an icon that was featured in the opening scenes of Night of the Living Dead.  Unfortunately it not sits in a bad state of disrepair.  If we cannot restore it, it WILL be torn down.

Gary Streiner, who worked on the film, has launched a campaign to restore the chapel before this piece of history is gone forever.  I wish that I had known about this sooner, but better late than never, I suppose.

After speaking with Mr. Streiner, I am going to be launching a fundraiser here in my hometown of Worcester, MA.  The plan is to screen the film for the public and raise awareness and funds for the chapel.  This is still in the planning stages, but there will be more information to come!

SAVE THE CHAPEL!

The Chapel as it appeared in the film

Gary Streiner stands in front of the chapel as it appears now.


You can visit the official website here:  http://www.fixthechapel.com/

And you join the fight for the chapel on it's Facebook community here:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/savethechapel/


No comments:

Post a Comment