Monday, October 1, 2012

Midnight Cinephile's Halloween Extravaganza


Ah, October.  That most awesome of months.  By now, many food and drinks have a pumpkin spice flavor variant to them, the weather is cooling off, the air is becoming crisp, the leaves are starting to change and there is lots of candy, candy, candy on the store shelves!  October 1st marks the beginning for me of the glorious triplex of holidays that bring me pure unadulterated and unmitigated joy.   We'll talk more about Thanksgiving and Christmas later.  For now, it's all about Halloween.

Your friendly Midnight Cinephile!
What can be expected of Midnight Cinephile for the next 31 days?  Well I don't know for certain, there are definitely certain films and Halloween specials that I want to hit upon, but I find that sometimes it's best to let inspiration come to you.  You can absolutely expect to see reviews of all the Halloween films.  Yes, even including Rob Zombie's takes on the franchise.  I liked 'em.  Plus, I'm a completest and I wouldn't feel right if I didn't cover absolutely every single film.  You can absolutely bet that I will be doing pieces on Halloween specials old and new, as well as review Halloween episodes of sitcoms and perhaps other TV shows. This our first Halloween Extravaganza here at MC, so we'll just have to see where things take us!

So sit back and relax, grab a handful of caramel popcorn and candy corn and enjoy Midnight Cinephile's Halloween Extravaganza!  Next post is going to be a review of the 1985 TV Special - Garfield's Halloween Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment