Friday, February 1, 2013

RoboCop (remake (2014))

After the somewhat disappointing RoboCop 3 came out in 1993, I was pretty sure that I would never see RoboCop 4.  The Prime Directive series on TV was cool and all but it just wasn't the same.  I wanted Peter Weller back. I did briefly get excited when there was talk of turning the RoboCop vs Terminator comic into a film....sadly that hasn't happened.  

When I first heard that there was a RoboCop reboot, I wasn't too keen on the idea.  Remakes have been running rampant for nearly a decade now and I wasn't interested in seeing Murphy's origins again....I wanted to see the comics come to life.  As more information comes in though, I'm getting more and more interested in the reboot.

First of all, the cast is going to include Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton and Jackie Earle Haley!  That's a pretty awesome group of people.  Murphy/RoboCop is going to be played by Joel Kinnaman, who you may have seen in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo or Safe House.  As the first photos started to trickle in, I was not very impressed with the RoboCop design either....but who knows what kind of CGI enhancements might be added, so I will reserve judgement for when I see a final composite of what Robo will look like.  

Here's some interesting clips I found on You Tube:






RoboCop (as of now anyway) is slated to come out February 2014......

No comments:

Post a Comment