Monday, December 31, 2012

No Apocalypse in sight....so UH-OH LET'S GO RETRO!

Well, December 21st came and went and there were no earthquakes.  No asteroids, meteors or comets colliding with the planet.  The ever elusive Nibiru did not suddenly make itself known to us before smashing us to oblivion.  There were no zombies, no plagues (unless you count this damn flu that is kicking everyone's ass in Central Massachusetts right now).  There was no rapture and there were certainly no signs that this big ol' blue marble we call home was about to explode, implode or any other kind 'plode.  In short....life is going to go on, just as it has for millions of years here on Planet Earth.   Yes.  Millions.  I'm counting the Dinosaurs.

So how am I celebrating the New Year this year?  Well, I've been going pretty solid on a retro kick lately.  For Christmas, I received some fantastic OOP horror movies such as Microwave Massacre, The Willies, Slaughterhouse Rock and Gourmet Zombie Chef From Hell...among others.  Those will be getting reviewed in due time.  Plus I've still got a pretty solid back catalog of films that need reviewing.  Here's hoping 2013 is a little more lenient with time!

Also, I've been rediscovering my love for video games....particularly retro video games.  This kicked into high gear when Nintendo Power published it's final issue this month after almost TWENTY FIVE YEARS OF PUBLICATION!!!!  NP was a huge part of my childhood and it's sent me on a rediscovery of the wonders of retro gaming.  Some of you may know of a short lived blog that I had started up called The Dungeon of Vestron.  It was meant to be the video game sibling to this site's original incarnation, The Wizard of Vestron.  I'm considering melding a bit of Dungeon here onto Midnight Cinephile.  After all, I did spend MANY a late night playing video games while watching horror movies on TV as well.  It was one of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday night as a kid.  We'll see what develops there!

I truly hope that you've all had a MONSTROUS holiday season.  This year has been Midnight Cinephile's biggest so far.  Okay, well technically it's MC's first....but I'm counting it's time as WOV as well.  So thank you all for continuing to read my tiny little microcosm of a corner in the deep dark basement of the internet.  I hope you'll continue to drop by for more goodness in 2013!






No comments:

Post a Comment