Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Vicious Vignettes - Aisles of Doom

Another great bit of late 80's kitsch.  This time from the demented mind of Alex "Bill S. Preston, Esquire" Winter!  This is another perfect example of the kind of late night esoteric shenanigans that would play across my television screen like some kind of warped fever dream in my youth.

I've recently become re-obsessed (as you may or may not have noticed) with the cult TV show Night Flight that aired on the USA Network back in the 80's.   I've been on a relentless quest to hunt down such forgotten
gems and resurrect them for my fellow cinephiles, and I shall not stop until I uncover the buried treasures that lie in the mist of decades past!

Okay, now that I'm done waxing poetic, let's get down to it, shall we?  Just what is Aisles of Doom about?  Well see there's this little shop, see....it's called The Plaza Discount Center.  This shop is full of comics, candy and toys of all kind.  This Elysian Field of trinkets, novelties and sweetmeats however is lorded over by the evil Grendel T.W. Ulcerous.  An evil being that some say may be a demon....or even The Devil
himself.

Ulcerous torments the children who come into his shop in a variety of ways.  One poor boy is run out of the store at gunpoint while innocently perusing a Tales From The Crypt comic book.  "The library is down the street" says Ulcerous.  This pales in comparison to what happens to a young lad who enters the store trying to return a shrunken head.  One day, a stranger in a yellow rain slicker comes to town and confronts the evil shopkeeper.  What will happen?  Will evil prevail?  I guess you'll just have to watch the short for yourself and find out!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment