Monday, July 9, 2012

Fiction Page

Above the visitor counter, you may notice that I've added a fiction page.


Here you will find a bizarre fan fiction piece I wrote a while ago based on a classic video game of yesteryear.  The game in question is the 1985 survival horror/shooter/creepfest Beyond the Forbidden Forest.  This game absolutely captured my imagination when I was a kid.  I was convinced that the game was based off of some movie from the 70's.....I don't know why.


I remember constantly asking my Dad,  "Did that happen in the movie?"


It drove him insane to no end, I'm sure, and I STILL think it would make a pretty wicked flick.  Now remember back in 1985, 8 bit graphics were the pinnacle of home video gaming and at that point in time, BtFF was the most realistic game I'd seen.  Sure it may seem ridiculous now, but at the time, I felt like I was participating in a cinematic adventure.  A terrifying cinematic adventure.

I will be writing an article on the first two Forbidden Forest games soon.  There was a third game that was made.....but it wasn't until 1993 and it was not very widely released......and I never played it.  I've seen a few screenshots and seen a video or two of it, but was not horribly impressed.  The first two games though.......Just thinking about them gives me the ol' nostalgia butterflies.

Following that story is a piece of original fiction entitled The Electrical Storm.  I truly hope that you read the piece and enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

The Fiction page is in placeholder format right now until I make a proper home for the fiction page with working links.

If you would like to submit a short story, creepypasta, essay or poetry to Midnight Cinephile, send me an email!

Well the sky is warming on the horizon and Venus is chasing Jupiter through the atmosphere....as if they are heralding the sun...that inevitable ball of burning ultra-violet light that sears through my brain on my morning journey to the crypt.   Stay creepy, kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment